Family

Family
April 2013

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

My Fourth and Last????

Well today started like any other day. My alarm went off at 7:00 and I turned it off. Then I fell back a sleep. =) Then my 2nd alarm went off at 7:30 and then I hit the snooze button. I then told my self I needed to get up. I was so exhausted, I couldn't sleep last night. So anyway I got up and Nolan was up and ready and playing video games. He actually asked this time. We woke up Zac and that only took 40 mins to get him up and ready. I try to keep the girls sleeping for as long as I can, but most of the time that doesn't work. Madalie came in and smiled at me and said "good morning mom". It was so cute. The rest of the day went as usual.

My Chemo appointment was at 2:30, so we showed up at 1:30 and I had my IV put in and they took blood for labs. She had a hard time finding a vein and when she finally did it hurt. They usually do so I just went with it. My mom and I killed time in the gift shop where I bought me a new pill case and a cute purple watch. I also bought my BFF a really cute... I'm not going to say because she will be reading this. =) Ok anyway...

When I check in they take me to the back room. I didn't know they had a back room. It was pretty nice. The chairs had remote recliners. I was only concerned that I wouldn't get a nice nurse. As I walked in I got a nurse that I had talked to many times, but had never personally had. I was happy. She is a die hard Utes fan and we had talked a lot at previous infusions. Things were looking up.

We started my pre-meds and realized we didn't have a filter on the line, we fixed that problem, then started again. Well that didn't work. My IV backed out. We had to start a new one in my other arm. Yippee. I love doing that. So with the new IV in we tried for the 3rd time. We had some more complications with the "Red Devil". A little more pain and then finally things all went smoothly. I was totally nauseated the whole time and it sucked. On the good side My nurses same me a graduation song and I got a certificate. They even gave me a blanket to remember them buy. Let's Pray that was the last time. Thanks for all of your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment