Family

Family
April 2013

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Finally!!!

So here I was on my way to my PET scan. I received a phone call from one of my Oncologist. He actually had a diagnosis for me. I have Classical Hodgkin's Lymphoma. Yay! OK, that really sucks, but it's also awesome. Yes I have Cancer, but I have a curable Cancer. How cool is that. I don't have my treatments all mapped out yet, but it will be a wild ride. I have a clinic appointment on Tuesday morning. I'll find out more info about my diagnosis. Then I start my chemo at 1:00 pm. That will be 5 hours. Yuck. 5 hours? Well I guess that is 5 hours away from dishes and laundry right?

So about my PET scan, they forgot to call me and give me some information about it. It's a good thing I have friends who have gone through this. I needed to fast. Luckily I did that. =) When I got there they put me into a room and told me to relax. They gave me a IV and pushed the glucose in. She then instructed me to relax and do nothing for an hour and half. I couldn't read, write, or play on my phone. Yes I had to turn my phone off for like 2 hours today. It was horrible. They didn't want me using my brain. I know this is shocking, but that was actually harder than I thought. I just took a nap. =) A very uncomfortable one at that. So after that they took about 20-30 mins of pictures and then I went home. Fun day right? Ok till next time.

4 comments:

  1. “Endurance is one of the most difficult disciplines, but it is to the one who endures that the final victory comes.” Buddah

    ReplyDelete
  2. sister tell them about the bug, taking your blood! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok so the Huntsman center is part of the university and they do trials and testing and stuff. Well anyway I volunteered to help with one about diabetes and brown fats. Anyway this Dr was talking to me and noticed a bug and killed it. (they are remodeling so bugs are coming in, just a stink bug) ok so I noticed one but she was too short so she went out to get a tall tech. Anyway we continue to talk and he comes in and starts taking my blood and then leaves. About 5 minutes later we realize he thought she said "can you get her blood", not get the bug. =] It's a good thing she was going to need my blood.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! they made you sit for an hour and a half?! I only have to sit for 45 min for mine! (Petct are a yearly thing now) and don't think? random! Glad you fasted and all! :)

    ReplyDelete