Family

Family
April 2013

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

My First Appointment at Huntsman...

Well today's appointment just left me wondering and asking more questions. I did meet the surgeon and my appointment for surgery is sceduled for Monday, March 21, 2011. It will be a somewhat simple procedure to remove all or some of my lymph node. Then they will do a biopsy to find out exactly what type of lymphoma I have. I then will meet with a Medical Oncologist at the end of the week to go over the test results and discuss treatment. I feel kind of numb and in limbo. I know there is more that I need to know I just have to wait and take it one day at a time. I'm not good at waiting.

I did however get to see the results from the CT. I can feel a small lymph node and a very large one just above my clavical. The Dr showed me another small one and looking at the CT we were able to see another very large one set deeper inside. I thought that the one I can feel was huge, but it's just a baby compared to the one inside. It turns out that I have a whole little cluster.

Thanks for following me. Please keep me in your prayers and I will keep you updated through out this scary adventure.

2 comments:

  1. keep us updated! feel free to ask any questions you have! and remember this is just a phase!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the update Sumer.....continued thoughts and prayers. I LOVE your family photos and the color you added to your blog!

    ReplyDelete