April 2013

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Ok let's try this again.

Ok, so I really suck at this whole blogging thing, but Clint thought I should start. We have a lot of craziness going on at home. Let me back up, we are living in Salt Lake City and Clint is going back to school. The boys are loving school and Jaelene has started pre-school and loves it. She says that her favorite day is when she has to go to school. Madalie has decided that she wants to be potty trained. It's great. She is doing pretty good at it too. Ok to the latest news.

In January I started to have a strange feeling in my throat. It felt like I was being strangled or I had a golf ball stuck in it. I went to the Dr and she took a throat culture and checked for swollen lymph nodes. She couldn't find anything wrong so she gave a prescription for a Benedryl, Mylanta, and lidocaine mixture. I was suppose to gargle it. All it did was make my throat numb. It was dumb. She said that if it persist to see a ENT specialist. When I got home I started to google my symptoms and I found out that I was having anxiety attacks. I made an appointment to see my Dr. the following week. She checked my thyroid and for swollen lymph nodes again and then she scheduled a follow-up appointment for 3 weeks later. Before my next appointment I found a lump on my neck just above my clavicle. I immediately made an appointment for the next day.

At the appointment the Dr measured the lump and said it was probably a swollen lymph node and that we should watch it for the next 6-8 weeks. I went the following week to meet with with my regular Dr about my anxiety. I mentioned the lump and she examined it and told me that she didn't want to wait 6-8 weeks and she scheduled me a CT. My CT results showed a large mass in my neck which was a total duh! I could see it looking in the mirror. From then the ordered a ultrasound to see if they could do a biopsy with ultrasound or if they would need to do it with CT. They could do it with ultrasound and set a biopsy up for the following week. They did my biopsy on March 4th and my Dr called me and said she would like to meet with me in her office next week. (apparently she is only working Fridays) When she said she wanted to meet with me in the office I freaked out. If the biopsy was negative they wouldn't want me to come in to the office. Right? That's how it usually is right. I was freaking out. I couldn't believe I had to wait for a week to find anything out. All she would tell me was my test results showed atypical cells and that they wanted a bigger sample to run another biopsy. I had to play the waiting game. I hate waiting.

On Monday I received a call from the Biopsy Coordinator, she just wanted to see how I was doing. I let her know I was fine. I was just a little tender. I mentioned that I had a appointment on Friday and that they wanted a larger sample they would schedule another biopsy on Friday. She said why are they waiting so long, the results are not something that we want and that she could probably get me in the next day. I started to really freak out at this point. That's just how I am.

In the next few days I received a call from my Dr's office and they said since I had an appoint with Dr. Hunt I didn't need to see Dr. Baedan on Friday. At this point I'm confused because I have never heard of Dr. Hunt. I asked if he was up at the University hospital and she said no, he was up at the Huntsman Cancer Institute. Ok now I'm upset. Why do they have me going there? I called the Biopsy Coordinator and asked her if she could give me any info. Where do I go and what is going on. She didn't want to over step her boundaries but I convinced her it was my info and I would rather hear it on the phone and to not wait. She read the report to me. It said that it was highly suspicious for Hodgkin's Lymphoma. Ok now I'm really freaked. Why do we have to wait so long. It turns out that my Dr was the one that made the appointment with Dr. Hunt and was going to explain everything to me in the office on Friday. Nice way to find out. My Dr. said my appointment is scheduled on Tuesday the 15th (the day before my 33rd birthday). It is a surgery consultation and they will be removing my lymph node. And then I will start chemo. So right now I'm trying to find out what I can (even though they told me not to google it). I've been told by a few Dr's and nurses that they wouldn't have given me a name of the cancer if I didn't have it. I've also been told that if I was to choose my cancer this would be the one to choose. It has a very good success rate. It's just more of the waiting game. I'm not very good at blogging, but I'm going to try to do this to keep family and friends informed and for my own record. Thank you for all the love, support, and prayers.


  1. Hello, I work with Erica and I have also been a customer of yours for Scentsy. Erica sent your blog and asked to pray for you. I am standing in agreement with Erica that you are heal in Jesus name.

  2. We are praying for you, Sumer. I hope you know how much love and how many prayers are being sent your way!


  3. Thank you for the love and prayers.

  4. Sumer, I know you will make it through this. God has not brought you far for no put your battle clothes on and get it! You have a great family by your side, and prayers from us that are going straight up there!

  5. Hi Sumer~
    I'm so sorry to hear about this latest medical battle you are facing. I will definitely keep you and your family in my prayers. I'll check back later this week in hopes you've updated the blog after your appointment on Tuesday. And early Birthday Wishes to you!! (March birthdays are the best!...mine was the 3rd....and Lexi's is the 2nd, right?!...or 4th?...right around mine if I remember correctly!)
    love and hugs, Shauna